(Updates to midmorning) By Denise Duclaux NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Stocks rose at midmorning on Thursday as better-than-expected economic data and positive outlooks from companies including General Motors Corp. helped encourage investors after weeks of selling in the market. "Today's market action is a pleasant surprise," said Alan Ackerman, chief market strategist at Fahnestock & Co. "As we approach the end of the month, which has been one of the worst in recent memory, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks hold onto gains, helped by data, GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.