(Updates to open) NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Tuesday after General Motors Corp. further boosted confidence about corporate earnings. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 45.11 points, or 0.34 percent, at 13,403.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 6.15 points, or 0.42 percent, at 1,480.06. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 23.04 points, or 0.89 percent, at 2,606.32.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Indexes open up on earnings view" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642