(Updates with Dow rising 1 percent) NEW YORK, Oct 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced on Wednesday, helped by reassuring news about merger talks between General Motors and Chrysler, and optimism that the U.S. Federal Reserve will slash interest rates for the second time this month to shore up the economy. According to sources familiar with the matter, major issues have been resolved in GM talks with private equity firm Cerberus Capital, owner of Chrysler. GM shares jumped nearly 9 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Market jumps on GM news, rate-cut bets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.