(Updates to open) NEW YORK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Thursday as signs of strength in the job market boosted optimism about the economy's health. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 29.59 points, or 0.21 percent, at 13,907.74. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 4.90 points, or 0.32 percent, at 1,530.32. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 12.83 points, or 0.48 percent, at 2,711.86.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Market opens higher after positive data" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.