(Updates to show market rallying) NEW YORK, Oct 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied sharply late Wednesday afternoon, after the Federal Reserve slashed interest rates and amid signs that the myriad of central bank and government efforts to shore up credit markets were beginning to work. Trading had been volatile after the Fed's big interest- rate cut, the latest in a series of moves to keep the credit crisis from triggering a deep recession. "Some of the programs the Fed has been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Market soars over 2 pct after Fed's rate cut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.