(Updates to midday) By Bill Rigby NEW YORK, April 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, wiping out the previous session's losses, as investors welcomed strong corporate profits and a surprise jump in consumers' confidence about the economy and job market. IBM led the Dow higher as it pumped up its dividend 12.5 percent, while defense contractor Lockheed Martin rose on better quarterly profits. "The long-term trend is up, driven by strong corporate earnings, offsetting gradually ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks up as profits, confidence improve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.