(Updates to 4 p.m. close) NEW YORK, March 21 (Reuters) - Stocks surged on Friday, driving the blue-chip Dow average to its eighth day of gains and its best week since October 1982, as a devastating air assault and speculation that Saddam Hussein was dead fueled investors' hopes the war in Iraq would soon end. U.S. and British ground forces thrust deep into Iraqi territory toward Baghdad, where Saddam's supporters dug in for a last stand, while the air attack triggered giant fireballs, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks rally; Dow marks best week since 1982" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.