(Updates to late afternoon) By Vivian Chu NEW YORK, Dec 22 (Reuters) - The blue-chip Dow and the broader Standard & Poor's 500 index both hit fresh 19-month highs in quiet trading on Monday, as investors brushed off a heightened U.S. security alert and kept a positive outlook on the economy before key indicators due later this week. General Motors Corp.'s stock jumped more than 4 percent, leading the Dow higher, as investors welcomed the completion of GM's long-awaited split-off of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks rise in late-day rally, GM lifts Dow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.