NEW YORK, Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes all rose 2 percent within the last few minutes of trading on Wednesday, marking the end of a dismal 2008, one of the worst years for markets since the Great Depression. * "Most people can't wait to see the day and the year end, said Joe Kinahan, chief derivatives strategist at online brokerage thinkorswim Group in Chicago. "Between the markets being just terrible and all the scandals such as Madoff, 2008 will not be a fondly remembered year." ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rises 2 pct as 2008 draws to close" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.