(Updates to close) By Jennifer Coogan NEW YORK, June 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed lower on Monday as growing concerns about the subprime mortgage market dragged down shares of Bear Stearns Cos. and Goldman Sachs Group . Shares of Bear Stearns Cos. , which last week bailed out a hedge fund it manages that is heavily invested in subprime mortgages, dropped more than 3 percent after a Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst said the brokerage may need to stump up more cash to rescue a second ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Subprime mortgage worries drive indexes lower" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.