(Updates with news on Bear Stearns) NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks surged to intraday highs on Wednesday as talk that Bear Stearns Co Inc is close to selling a minority stake to another financial institution, sending financial services shares higher. Traders said the Bear Stearns talk added momentum to a market already buoyed by the resolution of a strike at General Motors Corp. and expectations that the Federal Reserve would cut interest rates further. The Dow Jones ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Wall St extends gains on Bear Stearns talk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.