(Updates with GM rising before the bell, updates prices) By Ellis Mnyandu NEW YORK, Sept 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks headed for a higher open on Monday as investors speculated that the Federal Reserve would cut interest rates further to forestall the effect of the housing downturn on the economy. Shares of General Motors Corp. rose 4 percent before the opening bell on optimism that the automaker will reach a settlement with the United Auto Workers union to avert a strike. On the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Wall St eyes higher open on rate-cut hopes, GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.