(Updates to early morning) By Jennifer Coogan NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks climbed on Tuesday after General Motors Corp. added to optimism about corporate earnings and a key inflation indicator showed a smaller-than-expected rise. GM shares jumped 6 percent to $34.56 after the blue-chip automaker swung to a profit in the second quarter and handily topped Wall Street's expectations. For details, see [ID:nN30442082]. Tuesday's gains helped indexes recover partly from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Wall St. rises on data, GM earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.