By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Taxpayers should rescue the agency that backs U.S. corporate pensions by covering its losses from pension failures in the airline and steel industries, a United Auto Workers official said on Friday. UAW legislative director Alan Reuther estimated it would cost between $20 billion and $40 billion to cover the pension liabilities in the airline and steel industries that the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp (PBGC) has absorbed or expects to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US taxpayers should save pension agency-UAW official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.