WASHINGTON, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Clarifying its financial aid program for the domestic auto industry, the U.S. Treasury on Wednesday said it may invest in any automotive company debt, equity or warrants that it determines to be "troubled assets." The Treasury said guidelines for its Automotive Industry Financing Program will apply to Detroit automakers, auto finance companies and any other firms it views as important to the industry. The guidelines offer more formality to a $17.4 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US Treasury clarifies automaker rescue program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.