NEW YORK, May 21 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department has hired Lazard Ltd to advise the government on an initial public offering of General Motors Co, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday. GM, the largest U.S. automaker, emerged from a government-sponsored bankruptcy last July. The automaker received a $50 billion government bailout that gave the U.S. Treasury nearly 61 percent ownership of the company. Canada and the province of Ontario own nearly 12 percent. Chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Treasury hires Lazard for GM IPO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.