WASHINGTON, Oct 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department is not negotiating with General Motors Corp and the owners of Chrysler LLC on a request to provide direct government aid to their proposed merger, a Bush administration official said on Thursday. Instead, the administration is working to speed the distribution to automakers of $25 billion in factory retooling funds already authorized by Congress, the official told Reuters. Earlier this week, industry sources said GM had asked ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Treasury not negtiating new GM aid-official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.