Acura’s flagship cross/utility vehicle has been redesigned to improve ride, handling, and passenger accommodations and comes with a larger 3.7L V-6 engine in a single trim level.
Alliston, Ont., Canada
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
MDX 4-door CUV
What’s New for ’07
- The totally redesigned model is 2 ins. (51-mm) longer in wheelbase and overall length, slightly wider, 2 ins. (51 mm) lower in height and 68 lbs. (31 kg) heavier.
- It is powered by a new 300-hp 3.7L V-6 mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission.
- The Touring edition has been discontinued.
- The all-wheel-drive system has been refined for better on- and off-road handling.
- The body structure has been engineered to better absorb impact forces while leaving the passenger compartment intact and a front crossmember below the bumper is designed to interact with the impact-absorbing systems of smaller vehicles.
- The stability-control system comes with algorithms designed to help stabilize the vehicle while towing, by countering trailer-induced sway.
- The optional Technology Packages groups together a 410-watt audio system, XM satellite radio capability and a navigation system with real-time traffic monitoring that also displays the view from a rear-mounted camera when the vehicle is in reverse.
- An optional Sport Package includes an active suspension system and other handling upgrades, along with the features of the Technology Package.
- A rear-seat entertainment system, heated second-row outboard seating positions and a power-operated tailgate come in the Entertainment Package.