The all-new cross/utility vehicle is aimed at less affluent and more sports-car oriented drivers than its somewhat larger, more luxurious and more expensive sibling, the MDX.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
RDX 4-door CUV
2.3L Turbocharged I-4
What’s New for ’07
- Compared with the larger MDX, the all-new cross/utility vehicle rides on a 4-in. (102-mm) shorter wheelbase, is 10 ins. (254 mm) shorter in overall length and weighs 615 lbs. (279 kg) less.
- It is powered by a 240-hp turbocharged 2.3L 4-cyl. engine featuring a “variable flow” turbocharger that delivers power over a wider range than is typical of turbochargers, with little, if any, turbo lag, according to Acura.
- The 4-wheel independent suspension and all-wheel-drive system have been tuned for improved handling, while the 5-speed automatic transmission has been refined to better take advantage of the engine's power curve.
- The body structure has been designed to better absorb collision forces, while the integral front frame rails interact better with the impact zones of smaller vehicles and the front-end is designed to reduce injuries to a pedestrian struck by the vehicle.
- The standard audio system includes XM satellite radio, MP3 capability and an auxiliary input jack.
- The only option is a Technology package that includes a navigation system with real-time monitoring of traffic conditions, Acura/ELS surround-sound audio system and Bluetooth hands-free cell-phone interface.