’s midsize sport/utility truck reappears after a year’s absence as an all-new model based on a long-wheelbase variant of the Explorer platform that provides substantial increases performance, passenger and cargo accommodations and safety compared with the prior model.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
XLT, Limited 4-door pickup
4.0L V-6; 4.6L V-8
What’s New for ’07
- Redesigned model reappears after a year’s absence with a longer and wider chassis and body derived from ’s latest generation midsize SUV platform.
- It is slightly longer and wider than the prior model and features an independent rear suspension system for the first time.
- A 4L V-6 is standard in combination with a 5-speed automatic transmission.
- A 4.6L V-8 and 6-speed automatic transmission are optional for the first time.
- Formed from sheet-molding compound, the cargo box has three underfloor storage compartments and molded in black bedliner that resists scratches and dents.
- Options include a stability-control system with rollover control, curtain side airbags, 2-tone leather seats, an electrically heat windshield and Sirius satellite radio.