Starting at a lower base price, the redesigned cross/utility vehicle features a larger, roomier body that encompasses more standard safety features, more fuel-efficient engines and, for the first time, offers optional 7-passenger seating.
Ulsan, South Korea
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
GLS, SE, Limited 4-door CUV
2.7L V-6; 3.3L V-6
What’s New for ’07
- The less-quirky, more aerodynamic styling of the redesigned CUV originated at ’s California design center.
- It is built on an all-new platform designed specifically for CUV applications, incorporating a 50% increase in bending rigidity compared with the prior model and a 59% increase in torsional stiffness.
- The stronger body structure improves ride and handling, reduces interior noise and improves crash-energy management.
- Three trim levels are offered, GLS, SE and Limited, all with stability control and front, front side-impact and curtain side airbags as standard equipment.
- The roomier interior is available for the first time with an optional third-row seat.
- The redesigned 4-wheel-disc antilock brake system now incorporates electronic brakeforce distribution for better-controlled panic stops.
- A 2.7L V-6 is standard in the least-costly GLS variant that carries a lower base price than that of the prior model.
- The midlevel SE and premium Limited models are powered by a 3.3L V-6.
- Power driver’s seat, heated front seats, dual-zone climate control and leather upholstery are optional on the SE and standard on the Limited.