New entry-level Jeep cross/utility vehicle provides optional off-road capability.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Sport, Limited 4-door CUV
What’s New for ’07
- Based on the front-drive Dodge Caliber platform, it is one of two all-new Jeep-branded cross/utility vehicles.
- Although it shares its 103.7-in. (2,634-mm) wheelbase chassis with the Compass, unlike the Compass, Patriot offers off-road variants.
- The base price of the entry-level model is the lowest of any Jeep vehicle.
- It is powered by a 2.4L I-4 engine developed jointly by Group, Motors Corp. and Motor Co. Ltd. and made in Dundee, MI.
- Three drive variants are available: front-drive, with “Freedom I” all-wheel drive that includes lock mode for extreme on-road conditions or with the “Freedom II” system that includes lock mode and a low range for the transfer case that bring with it Jeep’s “Trail Rated” off-road-capability.
- The exterior has been designed with traditional Jeep styling cues with an overall appearance similar to that of the Liberty SUV.
- Curtain side airbags and driver-controlled 3-mode stability control with electronic roll mitigation are standard safety features.
- Stain- and odor-resistant anti-static upholstery is standard in all models.
- A premium Boston Acoustics audio system is optional.