The redesigned “entry” luxury sedan features a more luxurious interior, more powerful engine and additional safety features.
Kanto Auto Works Ltd.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
What’s New for ’07
- The redesigned model’s 2-in. (51-mm) longer wheelbase and 1-in. (25-mm) greater width provides more interior room, although overall length remains the same as that of the previous model.
- A new, more powerful 272-hp, 3.5L V-6 takes the place of the prior model’s 218-hp, 3.3L engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission replaces the 5-speed unit used previously.
- A stiffer body structure enhances crash safety, as does a re-engineered airbag system that includes multi-stage front, front side-impact, curtain side and front knee airbags.
- Stability control is standard, while active cruise control with collision-mitigation technology, designed to automatically apply emergency braking when a crash is imminent, is optional.
- Also among standard features are 10-way power front seats, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, “Smart Access” keyless locks and ignition and a multi-function information display.
- On the list of options is a panoramic glass roof with power-opening front section.