Designed specifically for the North American market, the CX-7, the smaller of two all-newcross/utility vehicles, is powered by a turbocharged 2.3L I-4 engine mated with a 6-speed automatic transmission in front-or all-wheel-drive configurations.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Sport, Touring, Grand Touring 4-door CUV
2.3L Turbocharged I-4
What’s New for ’07
- The all-new CUV rides on a 108.3-in. (2,751-mm) wheelbase similar to that of the Mazda5 wagon, but slightly shorter, narrower and lower, and more aerodynamic.
- Five-passenger seating with a split-fold second-row seat is standard.
- All variants are powered by a version of the turbocharged 2.3L 4-cyl. engine developed for the Mazdaspeed series of high-performance vehicles. It is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission that incorporates full manual shift control.
- The optional all-wheel-drive system interacts with the standard stability control and antilock 4-wheel disc brakes systems to direct power to the wheel with the greatest traction.
- The engine, transmission, steering gear and front suspension are mounted to a rubber-isolated front subframe to reduced interior noise and the transmission of engine and road noise.
- The rear multi-link suspension has been designed to minimize intrusion into the cargo area.
- Standard features include air conditioning, front, front side-impact and curtain side airbags with rollover sensor, power windows and locks, tilt steering wheel and a CD player.
- Among the options are a keyless entry and start system governed by a credit-card size device that also controls front windows and optional moonroof, voice activated navigation system with rear-view camera, satellite radio and Bose premium surround-sound audio system.