The larger of two newcross/utility vehicles designed for North America, the CX-9 is built on a platform distinct from that of the smaller CX-7 that is designed to accommodate three rows of seats and is powered by an all-new 3.5L V-6.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Sport, Touring, Grand Touring 4-door CUV
What’s New for ’07
- Although styling is similar to that of the smaller CX-7, the CX-9 rides on a 113.2-in. (00-mm) wheelbase platform designed to accommodate seven adult passengers in three rows of seats.
- It is available in three trim levels in front- or all-wheel-drive configurations, all powered by a new 3.5L V-6 engine constructed with an aluminum block and heads, the block having cast-iron cylinder liners.
- A 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control is standard.
- The standard stability control system incorporates a roll-stability function that helps prevent rollovers.
- Front, front side-impact and curtain side airbags, antilock brakes, air conditioning, power windows and locks keyless entry and cruise control are standard.
- Options include a keyless entry and start system that utilizes a credit-card size device to control door locks, ignition system, front door windows and the optional power sunroof.
- A rear entertainment system in combination with a premium audio system and towing package is optional on all models.
- A DVD navigation system with rear-view camera and a power liftgate are available on Touring and Grad Touring editions.