Both the CLS550 and CLS63 AMG adopt new names to reflect the presence of larger, more powerful, engine and come with enhanced safety features and premium sound systems.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
CLS63 AMG 4-door coupe
5.5L V-8; 6.2L V-8
What’s New for ’07
- The CLS550 is powered by a 382-hp V-8 in place of the 302-hp 5L engine used in the CLS500.
- A 507-hp, 6.2L V-8 and 7-speed automatic transmission in the CLS63 AMG replace the 469-hp, 5.4L V-8 and 5-speed automatic transmission used in the prior CLS55 AMG variants.
- Standard equipment includes a collision-mitigation system that visually and audibly warns of an object in the car’s path and then automatically activates the brake system at 40% of total brake force if the driver does not respond to the warnings.
- Both models come with a Harman/Kardon premium sound system that includes a 6-disc CD changer.
- Pre-wiring for a dealer-installed satellite radio is optional.