All-new fourth-generation Altima lineup features better ride and handling, a more refined interior and’s first production hybrid model.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
2.5, 2.5 S, 3.5 SE, 3.5 SL 4-door sedan
2.5L I-4; 3.5L V-6
What’s New for ’07
- All new, fourth-generation sedan has a stronger, stiffer body that, along with redesigned front and rear suspension systems, improves ride and handling.
- The engine is mounted lower in the chassis for better handling.
- Both 2.5L I-4 and 3.5L V-6 engines are mated to a new 6-speed manual gearbox offering more precise shifting and better “feel” or a new continuously variable transmission featuring adaptive shift logic when used with the V-6 engine.
- V-6 models also come with a sport-tuned suspension system having larger-diameter stabilizer bars and unique spring rates and shock absorber settings on the 3.5SE.
- All models have standard dual exhaust, vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering, front side-impact airbags and curtain side airbags.
- Interior appointments have been upgraded with more “soft-feel” materials and chrome accents.
- New to the options list is a keyless entry/start system.
- As a running change, a hybrid edition becomes available during the course of the model year. It is powered by a detuned version of the 2.5L 4-cyl. engine in combination with a 40-hp AC synchronous motor. A Nickel-Metal-Hydride battery pack supplies juice to the electric motor and a hybrid-specific CVT channels engine/motor power to the front wheels.