The redesigned model exchanges its SUV roots for a larger CUV platform in front- and all-wheel-drive variants with 5- or 7-passenger seating
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Base, Luxury, Limited 4-door CUV
What’s New for ’07
- Compared with its truck-like SUV forbearer, the redesigned XL7’s front-drive cross/utility platform has a 2.2-in. (56-mm) longer 112.4-in. (2,855-mm) wheelbase, is 9.8 ins. (249 mm) longer overall and 2.1 ins. (53 mm) wider.
- Wider wheel tracks help improve ride and handling and the larger interior provides more passenger/cargo room.
- According to , the XL7 has “best in Class” second-seat legroom and more front and third-seat legroom than the prior model.
- Although a new 252-hp, 3.6L V-6 replaces the prior model’s 185-hp, 2.7L engine, fuel economy increases by 10%-15% depending on model.
- Standard features include dual-stage front and curtain side airbags, stability control and antilock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution and emergency brake assist.