The new entry-level model fills the gap left by the demise of the Yaris-based Echo at the end of the ’05 model year.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Base 4-door hatchback; Base, S 4-door sedan
What’s New for ’07
- The new second-generation Yaris fills the gap left by the demise of the earlier Yaris-based Echo at the close of the ’05 model year.
- Unlike the Echo, Yaris retains its international styling similar to that of the popular Japanese and European variants.
- It is available as a 96.9-in. (2,461-mm) wheelbase 4-door hatchback or as a 100.4-in. (2,550-mm) wheelbase 4-door sedan in base or “S” trim levels.
- A 106-hp, 1.5L I-4 engine mated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox or an optional 4-speed automatic transmission, powers all models.
- The “S” sedan comes with front and rear under-bumper spoilers, extended side sills, 15-in. steel wheels.
- Standard features include air conditioning, tilt steering wheel and interval windshield wipers.
- Antilock brakes, side-impact and curtain side airbags and alloy wheels are among the options.