The all-new high-performance metal-top convertible is the first such model with a standard glass sunroof.
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Base, 2.0T, 3.2i 2-door convertible
2.0L Turbocharged I-4; 3.2L V-6
What’s New for ’07
- The all-new metal-top convertible is based on the 101.5-in. (2,578-mm) wheelbase platform underpinning the Jetta, GTI and Rabbit, although its 173.5-in. (4,407-mm) overall length falls between that of the Rabbit/GTI and Jetta.
- It is powered a 200-hp, 2.0L turbocharged I-4 or a 250-hp, 3.2L V-6 mated to a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automated manual transmission.
- The car’s folding metal top incorporates a “panoramic” power glass sunroof.
- Utilizing eight hydraulic cylinders, the top lifts and folds to be stored beneath the rear deck lid, while an optional Trunk Lid Assist feature prevents the system from operating if an obstruction is detected.
- Standard safety features include side-impact airbags that cover the full length of the interior and Rollover Protecting System incorporating pop-up roll bars behind each of the rear seats.
- Antilock 4-wheel disc brakes with emergency brake assist and brake-drying, stability control, a lateral-force-compensating steering system, 8-way manual adjusting driver seat climate control are standard equipment.
- Other options include a 600-watt premium audio system, adaptive headlamps, 12-way power front seats and a DVD-based navigation system.