Like its smaller stablemate LaCrosse, the Lucerne large sedan returns the Super nameplate to its lineup powered by a 4.6L Northstar V-8 and featuring upgraded interior trim and unique exterior appointments.
'08 Price Range
'07 Price Range
CX, CXL, CXS, Super sedan
3.8L V-6; 4.6L V-8
What's New for '08
- The new-for-'08 Super variant features such exclusive design elements as a new chrome waterfall grille, new front and rear fascias, integrated dual exhaust tips, and "Super" badging, along with a refined Northstar 4.6L V-8, stability control, brake assist, magnetic ride control, and unique interior appointments.
- XM satellite radio equipment is standard on all models.
- Option packages are revised and new exterior colors are available.
- Optional on all variants, a radar-based alert system warns the driver of other cars in the vehicle's blind spots, and a lane-departure warning system alerts the driver when the car drifts out of its lane.
- Stability control with emergency brake assist is optional on the CX and CXL and standard on other models.
- OnStar now includes an a crash-notification system that automatically notifies emergency personnel (at participating 911 call centers) in the event of airbag deployment.