Formerly know as theFive Hundred, the new Taurus features numerous engineering changes including an all-new powertrain and enhanced safety features.
’08 Price Range
’07 Price Range
SEL, Limited 4-door sedan
What’s New for ’08
- A 3.5L V-6 that increases horsepower by 30% and fuel economy by 10% compared with the outgoing 3.0L V-6, is the only engine offered.
- The continuously variable transmission has been discontinued and replaced with a new 6-speed automatic in all applications.
- The exterior has been revised with a -signature 3-bar grille, sculpted hood with more defined accent lines, new front and rear fascias, and new taillamps.
- New safety features include standard dual-stage front, front side-impact and full-length curtain side airbags that, in combination with optional electronic stability control produces a 5-star crash-test ratings in all categories.
- Increased sound-dampening insulation, hydraulic engine mounts, revised strut towers, new dampers and springs in both the front and rear, as well as a retuned rear suspension greatly reduces interior noise and increases ride smoothness.
- The optional Sync system allows for voice-activated, hands-free integration of Bluetooth-enabled phones and USB-compatible music players.