The former Freestyle, the Taurus X features a larger 3.5 LV-6, mated to a 6-speed automatic and features numerous improvements over its predecessor.
’08 Price Range
’07 Price Range
SEL, Limited 4-door CUV
What’s New for ’08
- A 3.5L V-6 that increases acceleration by 44% compared with the outgoing 3.0L V-6, is the only engine offered.
- The continuously variable transmission has been discontinued and replaced with a new 6-speed automatic.
- The exterior has been revised with ’s signature 3-bar grille, sculpted hood with more defined accent lines, new front and rear fascias, and new taillamps.
- Safety features now include standard dual-stage driver and passenger front airbags, front side-impact airbags, plus side curtain airbags for both seating rows.
- AdvanceTrac electronic stability control is optional.
- Increased sound-dampening insulation, hydraulic engine mounts, revised strut towers, new front and rear dampers and springs, as well as a retuned rear suspension greatly increases interior quietness and overall ride smoothness.
- The optional Sync system allows for voice-activated, hands-free integration of Bluetooth-enabled cell phones and USB-compatible music players.
- Flip-and-fold third-row seats and a power liftgate are optional.