Filling the niche previously occupied by Freelander, this all-new luxury cross/utility vehicle features a transverse-mounted engine and new all-wheel drive system.
'08 Price Range
'07 Price Range
What's New for '08
- LR2 is powered by a transverse-mounted, 3.2L aluminum-block I-6 featuring variable valve timing and a variable intake system that adjusts both plenum volume and intake-tract length.
- The 230-hp engine delivers its power through a 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift option to an all-wheel-drive system that delivers power to the front wheels until conditions call for torque to be applied to the rear axle.
- The extensive list of standard off-road and safety features include anti-lock brakes, emergency brake assist, hill descent control, gradient release control, along with stability control, and roll-stability control, among others.
- Two trim levels are offered: SE and upscale HSE.
- Standard safety equipment includes front side-impact and curtain side airbags, inflatable front-seat knee bolster, front seatbelt pretensioners and a tire-pressure monitoring system.
- Rain-sensing wipers, a rear backup-assist system, 2-part panoramic sunroof, and a premium audio system with CD changer, MP3 capability and an auxiliary input jack are standard on both variants.
- High-intensity-discharge active headlights that respond to steering wheel input are available in the optional Lighting package.
- The Cold Climate package provides heated front seats, windshield and windshield wipers, while the Technology package brings Bluetooth cell-phone connectivity, a navigation system, a Dolby ProLogic II surround-sound audio system and Sirius satellite radio equipment.
- Bluetooth hands-free cell-phone connectivity is a standalone option for the HSE.