After a 1-year hiatus, the Tribute reappears as a redesigned model for '08 and includes a hybrid variant for the first time.
Kansas City, MO
'08 Price Range
'07 Price Range
Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, Hybrid 4-door SUV
2.3L I-4; 3.0L V-6
What's New for '08
- The Tribute features new front and rear fascias, hood, liftgate, new headlamps and taillamps, 16-in. alloy wheels, standard foglights, a raised beltline, power side-view mirrors and new vinyl-free seat surfaces utilizing recycled materials.
- Power is derived from either a 2.3L I-4 or a 3.0L V-6, mated to either a 5-speed manual or electronically controlled 4-speed automatic transmission.
- The redesigned model rides on a unibody frame, with 4-wheel independent suspension utilizing a MacPherson setup in the front and a fully independent multi-link in the rear, and utilizes an all-new speed-sensitive electric power steering system that improves responsiveness and fuel efficiency.
- A hybrid variant based on the Escape Hybrid is available for the first time in front- and all-wheel-drive configurations utilizing the 2.3L I-4.
- Standard safety equipment found on all models include multi-stage front airbags, front seat-mounted side-impact airbags and curtain side airbags, along with stability control, (not available on Hybrid), and a tire-pressure monitoring system.