The Land Cruiser is all-new for ’08 and features a new, more rigid frame, new drivetrain and enhanced content.
Araco Corp.,City, Japan
’08 Price Range
’07 Price Range
What’s New for ’08
- The all-new Land Cruiser features a raised beltline, enhanced character lines and longer front and rear overhangs, while maintaining its signature grille and headlight design.
- It is powered by a new, aluminum-block 5.7L V-8 with variable valve timing and variable intake manifold that is mated to a new 6-speed automatic transmission.
- A new, more rigid frame, front double-wishbone and rear multi-link solid live axle suspension systems, front and rear stabilizer bars and improved frame mounts reduce noise, vibration and harshness
- Standard safety equipment includes antilock brakes with emergency brake assist, stability control and 10 airbags – including multi-stage front, driver and passenger knee, first-and second row side-impact and full-length curtain side airbags – active head restraints and a tire-pressure monitoring system.
- Off-road capability is enhanced by a new CRAWL control system, which controls engine output and braking force to maintain a pre-selected speed, as well as a hill-start assist system.
- The all-new 4-zone heating and ventilation system has an electric auxiliary heat element that provides heat until engine reaches operating temperature and an optional refrigerated “cool box.”
- Standard features include a premium JBL sound system with in-dash, 6-disc CD/DVD changer, keyless entry, anti-theft system with engine immobilizer, cruise control, power moonroof, steering-wheel mounted audio controls, heated power front seats, with driver memory settings and power-adjustable telescoping and tilt steering with memory settings.