’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
Standard, S, LE, XLE, XRS 4-door sedan
1.8L I-4; 2.4L I-4
M-5, A-4, A-5
Cambridge, ON, Canada; NUMMI, Fremont, CA
What’s New for ’09
- The Corolla is all new for ’09, and features a more aggressive, sporty exterior, more functional interior and an expanded range of trim levels.
- The Standard, S, LE and XLE variants are powered by a new 1.8L I-4, while the XRS features a new 2.4L I-4; both engines feature dual variable valve timing, while the 2.4L has a special balance shaft, piston-cooling oil jets and low-back-pressure exhaust system.
- A 5-speed manual transmission is standard for all variants, while the 1.8L can be paired with an optional 4-speed automatic and the 2.4L paired with a new 5-speed automatic with manual shift mode.
- All models feature a new, speed-sensitive variable-rate electric rack-and-pinion power steering system and standard tire-pressure monitoring system.
- Safety is enhanced with standard antilock brakes, front, seat-mounted side-impact and curtain side airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners and active front seat headrests on all models, while stability control is optional.
- çThe interior sports a new tilt and telescoping steering wheel, new instrument cluster(s), information display (XRS and XLE models), new rear seatbelt guides for increased comfort, new center console and rear-door storage pockets with cupholders, upper-dash storage compartment, new overhead console, redesigned center console box and a near-flat floor thanks to a re-routed exhaust system. A leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise and/or audio controls is available for all variants.
- lNew options include in-dash 6-disc CD changer with MP3 capability, XM satellite radio, and keyless entry for Standard variants, while a premium JBL audio system with auxiliary input jack and speed-sensitive volume control and a navigation system are available on the XLE. The S and XRS models also offer a package with leather seats, steering wheel and shift knob.