’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
Standard, S, SRX 4-door wagon
1.8L I-4; 2.4L I-4
M-5, A-4, A-5
Cambridge, ON, Canada
What’s New for ’09
- The Matrix is all-new for ’09 and features a more aggressive, sporty exterior, more functional interior design and an expanded range of trim levels.
- The Standard model is powered by a new 1.8L I-4, while the S and XRS feature a new 2.4L I-4; both engines feature dual variable valve timing. The 2.4L has a special balance shaft, piston-cooling oil jets and low-back-pressure exhaust system.
- A 5-speed manual transmission is standard for all variants, while the 1.8L can be paired with an optional 4-speed automatic and the 2.4L paired with a new 5-speed automatic with manual shift mode or 4-speed automatic.
- All models feature a new speed-sensitive variable-rate electric rack-and-pinion power steering system and a standard tire-pressure monitoring system.
- Safety is enhanced, with standard 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, front seat-mounted side-impact and curtain side airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners and active front seat headrests on all models, while stability control is optional.
- ]The interior sports a new standard tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, instrument cluster, redesigned center console and new rear-door storage pockets with cupholders, and a fold-flat front passenger seat with seatback table tray (S and XRS models). The XRS also features a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and optional Bluetooth controls.
- A new high-efficiency air conditioner has larger vents and variable-output compressor, while all audio systems feature an auxiliary input jack and larger, improved speakers.