’10 Price Range:
’09 Price Range:
Soul, Soul+, Soul!, Soul Sport 4-door wagon
1.6L I-4; 2.0L I-4
Hwasung, South Korea
What’s New for ’10
- Designed by Kia’s California studio, Soul is aimed at younger buyers looking for maximum space in a minimal package size with unique styling and the ability to customize the vehicle to their tastes.
- Built on an all-new platform, the passenger compartment provides volume of 102.3 cu.-ft. (2.9 cu.- m), giving it more interior space than a Scion xB, according to Kia.
- It is offered in four trim levels, base, Soul+, Soul! and Sport, the latter version having a tuned suspension with stiffer spring and shock rates as well as a larger front anti-sway bar for improved handling.
- The base variant is powered by a 122-hp 1.6L I-4 mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox while all other models feature a 142-hp 2.0L 4-cyl. engine offered in combination with a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
- Standard equipment includes air conditioning, power windows and door locks, 60/40 split-folding rear seat and an AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with USB and auxiliary input jacks and a 3-month free subscription to Sirius satellite radio.