’10 Price Range:
’09 Price Range:
S550, S600, S63, AMG, S65 AMG, Hybrid 4-door sedan
3.5L V-6/electric motor; 5.5L V-8; 5.5L Twin-Turbo V-12, 6.0L V-12
What’s New for ’10
- New Hybrid variant, powered by an Atkinson cycle 3.5L V-6 and a 120-volt electric motor, delivers a 30% increase in fuel economy versus the standard S550.
- Exterior is refreshed with a new grille, front bumper chrome accents above the air intakes, active bi-xenon headlight clusters with light-emitting-diode turn signals, larger sideview mirrors, new rear bumper with integrated dual exhaust outlets and new light-emitting-diode taillights.
- Individual tire-pressure monitoring system and variable-rate power steering are standard.
- New seats, wood trim, multi-color ambient lighting and an optional rear-seat entertainment system further enhance the S-class.
- Extensive list of safety equipment includes lane-keeping assist, automatic-dimming headlights, and the Attention Assist system that monitors driver fatigue.
- Emergency Pre-Safe Brake system now fully applies brakes in the event of an imminent collision.
- Audio system receives Bluetooth connectivity, HD radio, a four-gigabyte hard-drive, USB and SD inputs, revised head unit, voice recognition and Zagat golf, restaurant and hotel rating information.