Addition of laser high-beams adds 3D appearance to i8 lamps.
TURIN – Audi made news in January at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, exhibiting a Sport Quattro Concept with laser headlamps, claiming it would be the first brand to offer a car with the advanced lighting technology. However, German rival BMW says it will beat Audi to the punch. First presented at the 2011 Frankfurt auto show, BMW’s i8 plug-in hybrid is set to go on sale, and high-tech laser lights will be part of the package before the end of the year. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Claims First With Laser Lights" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.