Compound prevents EV batteries from overheating by absorbing three times as much heat as water, scientists say.
German researchers develop a coolant they say will extend the life of batteries in electric vehicles. The product from the Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety and Energy Technology in Oberhausen, 25 miles (40 km) north of Dusseldorf, has been given the name CryoSolplus. It is a dispersion that mixes water and paraffin with stabilizing tensides and a dash of the anti-freeze agent glycol. Tensides are agents that modify interfacial tension of water. Fraunhofer Institute ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chemical Recipe Prevents EV Batteries From Overcooking" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.