Chery J1 not affected by Oz callback.
In a blow to their reputation, almost all of the budget-priced Chinese cars sold in Australia are about to be recalled because they contain potentially deadly asbestos in engine and exhaust gaskets. Customs and Border Protection officers raised the alarm when they detected asbestos in imported spare parts. The recall will affect 21,500 vehicles from Great Wall and 2,250 units from Chery that have been delivered in Australia. The tainted parts will not be removed, but warning stickers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Cars Recalled in Australia Due to Use of Asbestos " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642