Per-car cost of automatic emergency-call system pegged at €100.
BRUSSELS – The European Commission proposes a new regulation requiring that auto makers install automatic emergency-call systems on all new cars sold in the European Union after October 2015. The system automatically would call the European eCall emergency number 112 in case of a serious crash once the airbag system is activated. The eCall service in turn would route calls to local emergency services in all 27 member states. “Thanks to eCall, emergency response time ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EC Proposes Mandated Emergency-Call Systems in New Cars by 2015" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.