Elio Motors says new 3-wheeler to achieve 84 mpg on highway.
TROY, MI – Elio Motors is confident it has a business plan in place that will allow its new 3-wheeled vehicle to establish a new segment in the U.S. market. The yet-to-be-named 3-wheeler, technically a motorcycle for regulatory purposes, is scheduled to begin production in June 2014, with sales commencing shortly thereafter. It will be priced at $6,800, achieve fuel economy of 49/84 mpg (4.8-2.8 L/100 km) city/highway and boast a 5-star crash rating, says Paul Elio, founder and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Elio Motors Sets Sights High With 3-Wheel Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.