Sensors implanted in BMW steering wheel for testing.
German researchers at the Technical University of Munich, Germany, embed sensors in a vehicle steering wheel that automatically can detect a range of health issues and warn drivers that they should not be on the road. The data is recorded by a circular conductivity sensor on the steering wheel, along with a red glowing sensor that measures blood-oxygen saturation. The sensors can recognize human conditions ranging from feeling faint to suffering a heart attack merely by evaluating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Experimental Steering Wheel Puts Virtual Doctor Onboard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.