New Focus 3-cyl. mill has highest power density of any Ford production engine to date.
Ford of Britain this month adds its new 3-cyl. turbocharged, direct-injection 1.0L EcoBoost engine to the Focus lineup. The auto maker says 200 engineers based at its Dunton and Dagenham facilities developed the powertrain. Though the EcoBoost cylinder block can fit onto a small sheet of paper, it delivers up to 123 hp and 125 lb.-ft. (170 Nm) of peak torque between 1,400 and 4,500 rpm, giving it the highest power density of any Ford production engine to date, the auto maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Launches 1.0L EcoBoost in U.K.; Plans to Cut Plant Waste 70% " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.