Focus EV to go on sale this month in New York, California.
Ford’s Focus electric vehicle, set to launch in coming weeks in select markets, is entering an automotive landscape where public perception of EVs has been impacted by the recent fires involving the Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV. Both the Volt and Focus EV are powered by lithium-ion batteries, although the Volt also utilizes an internal-combustion engine for increased range. Both also have liquid-cooled battery packs, which some have speculated led to the Volt fires. “We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Launching Focus EV Amid Volt Controversy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.