Radar can create real-time 3D map, as shown of room at event.
DEARBORN, MI – Ford shows off the third generation of its automated-vehicle technology today in the form of the Automated Ford Fusion Hybrid Research Vehicle. Developed in collaboration with the University of Michigan and insurance agency State Farm, six copies of the third-generation car will be dispatched nationwide to test the technology’s durability and determine its production viability. The Fusion differs from other automated vehicles in testing, such as Google’s, by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Launching Next-Gen Automated Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.