More than 6 million fullsize Transit vans sold across five continents.
DEARBORN, MI – Ford’s plan to replace its E-Series van in North America with the European fullsize Transit was put into motion years ago, when the auto maker began seeking input from customers on the transition. Initially, E-Series buyers were against the move, says Tim Stoehr, Ford’s commercial truck marketing manager. “They were very adamant that they didn’t want anything other than what they already had in (the) E-Series,” he tells WardsAuto at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Says U.S. Customers Ready for Transit Fullsize Van" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.